Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 11, 2013



Hello Familia! 

I´ve been waiting all week to see your response to the news about Beatriz and Kancho. I´m glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! I wish you could have been there to see it! No, they are not married yet. In fact Kancho told us it can take up to 6 months for all the paperwork and to get an appointment and everything. I don´t know how since apparently no one around here gets married, but that´s just the way it is. Is it one year after baptism or one after marriage that you can enter the temple to be sealed? Either way my prayer is that I will be able to see them sealed, like Kyle with his family. I´ve always known that that is the greatest experience you can have in the mission and the fact that it may be possible for me is something special.

That is so nice that people are asking about me. I´m glad they liked the Bea and Kancho story too :) Tell Mrs Walker hi from me and she is a wonderful person! How is Jeff doing in his mission? I think that´s great that you and Mrs Otterstrom share mission stories! 

That seems so weird that Kyle is home. It doesn´t seem like he´s been gone that long. That´s great though and it sounds like he had an awesome mission. Don´t worry, I´m looking forward to sharing my testimony in Spanish and weirding out even the Spanish-speakers because of my Madrileño accent. That´s good quote, I´m going to write it down in my agenda for next transfer. It´s true that the Lord knows where I need to be and I´m so grateful that he gives me the opportunity to make a difference in people´s lives and at the same time experience a difference in mine. There is a scripture in D+C that says that when we teach by the spirit both the teacher and the student are edified together (D+C 58 something I think). It´s so true. I´m learning so much on my mission as well as teaching other people. It´s amazing isn´t it, how God works so that all of His children are blessed and that those blessings come through other people. 

Let´s see what news there is from the week. Daniela (our perfect, golden investigator) is getting baptized this coming Saturday the 16th. It was going to be the 9th, but she missed church last week because of a migraine (stupid Satan), so she had to wait a week. But she has had her interview and is totally prepared. Also, we got the postcards she sent from London this morning, which are super cool. So I´m super excited to end the transfer with one more baptism and to see someone so prepared and so deserving of the blessings enter into baptism. 

We have found some new people this week. Another couple of people who are very prepared for the Gospel, Maribel and her daughter Fatima. They are people who are really looking for the truth. I´ve learned from them that the investigator brings so much to the lesson. Because they were prepared and willing to act to find the truth, the spirit was there so strong and we taught one of the best first lessons I´ve ever been in. I see good things in the future with them. We also taught a man named Eduardo who used to be very active with his church, but a long time ago. In the lesson he told us that he feels an emptiness, a hole that can´t be filled. He said he knows he needs to find God again to fill it. Another person that God has prepared and then blessed us to find. 

Basically things are going very well here and I´m loving the work and life as a missionary. I realized for the first time the other day how hard it is going to be to go home. I feel like I´ve learned so much already how to hear and follow the Spirit and I never want to lose that. 

Thank you so much for writing me every week and telling me about what´s going on at home. Thank you for listening and for making the people here a part of your lives as well. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for always expressing your love. I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! 

Love,

Elder Cousins

No comments:

Post a Comment