Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 8, 2013



Dear Family,

Hello again! Another week has passed. Sounds like it went well for you all, albeit with a few adventures (way to go Sarah and Mom!). 

Our week was mostly hot. I don´t Know if it´s just because I´m wearing a tie and slacks or what, but the heat is getting to me. We haven´t gotten above 40 yet, but it is roasting! I guess I should count myself lucky to be in an air conditioned office for most of the day. 

So on to news for the week. On Monday we met with a new investigator named Raul. He is from Bolivia and works in some type of information technology something, so he and Elder Stephens hit it off talking about computers and stuff I didn´t understand. He apparently has family that are mormones so he said he knew some stuff already. Then he asked us if it was true that we don´t drink coffee or eat pork. We explained that coffee no, but pork is fine. He didn´t seem to believe us and we haven´t seen him since. We´ve set up 3 other lessons and he just doesn´t show, so i´m not sure what think.

On Thursday the 4th we had zone conference, so we had to push back our celebrations. I´ve included pictures of our 5th of July Cook-In. It was awesome! You remember how I told you we got a panini maker? Well it has grill plates. So we cooked up some hamburgers and it was almost like a home BBQ, although the homemade buns were sorely missed. It was a lot of fun. 

Other big highlight of the week was the baptism that night. It was so cool to see Markitos baptized by his dad. I also put in pictures of that. It was funny because Bishop filled the pool up a little too much, so Markitos was practically under the water just entering the pool. I imagine it made the baptism easier though. It´s super cool to see them as a family involved in the church. 

Well, those are the main events for the week. Sorry the email is a little short, but there are pictures, that helps right? Thanks for keeping me updated, and I´m glad you had a good 4th of July. God bless America. I love you guys! Thanks for all you do, for all your love. Take care!

Love,
Elder Cousins    


No comments:

Post a Comment