Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 23, 2012


Hello, again. Today is P-day so I guess we have time to write again. 

The time difference is still killing me. I was good for about an hour after I woke up and then I was ready for bed again, despite having slept a good 10 hours last night. These first few days are going to be rough, but I´ll get used to it.

First, you had questions, I have answers. Elder Farah actually left this morning for Barcelona, so Elder Adams is my companion for 6 weeks and then he will be serving in Malaga (pray for him, they speak super fast there). As of now (and probably for the full six weeks) we are a district of 2 and the only ones learning Spanish. It´s a little depressing. No one sits by us at mealtimes because we are the only ones who don´t speak Spanish or French. The French missionaries will be serving in France, they are just here for 3 weeks to learn how to be missionaries. 

Today has been good so far. We went to the temple this morning, and had to use the little headsets. It´s funny too, because the movie is exactly the same just dubbed in Spanish. The temple is beautiful though! I´ll have to get some pictures today. 

I think we are going to go out in the city today, but I´m not sure where or how to get there. We are going to the post office too. I´ve heard it takes a week for mail to reach the US from here and vice versa, in case anyone was wondering.

I think for my plaque I would want Helaman 5:12. It´s always been one of my favorites. Thanks for taking care of that for me. 

I´m trying to remember that trip, but I´m coming up blank. What did we do there? My teacher said that by the time I get out it will be getting cold, at least in the north. She said the north is like England, cold and rainy most of the time.

Well, can´t think of anything else to report. Sorry if I sound a little down. I´m tired and it´s hard not knowing anyone within thousands of miles of you. :/ Things will get better once classes start I think, and hopefully we´ll do something fun today. Thanks for responding so fast yesterday, Dad. I love you all, talk to you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment