Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 3, 2014



Buenos días!! 

So, this may be a little shorter this week. We´ve been out and about on the town today! We went down to Sol and visited the Island and I got to see Elder Weixler and Hna Caballero from B5 again so that was sweet. Good times :) 

Well, let´s just start off with the best part of this week for me. Yesterday was Stake Conference so we all met in Pavones. And basically I got to see everyone I´ve ever met in my entire mission. It was awesome! I got to see everyone from B6 and B5. And best of all I walked in just in time to see Kancho stand up to be sustained in his advancement to the Melchizedek Priesthood and then after the meeting I was able to take part in the ordination. So cool!! He and Bea were so happy to see me again, and I was so happy to see them. There is something special about the two of them. Out of all the people I have baptized and love so much, there is something special about them. Maybe it has to do with the fact that, as Bea said yesterday, I´m always around in the important moments for them. Hopefully the next one will be for their endowments and sealing. As far as I know they still aren´t married (curse you governments!), but I am praying so hard that they will be able to be sealed while I am still here in the mission. But I will for sure be there no matter what, even if it doesn´t happen during my mission, just that that would be the crowning moment of the mission for sure. Also, they are almost eligible to enter the temple. Bea finishes 1 year next Sunday and Kancho a month from yesterday. Can you believe that?! Time has gone flying by! Speaking of which I hit my last 6 months on Saturday. Not cool. 

That was definitely the highlight of my week, but there were other good things as well. Domi came to stake conference with us! But I have my worries about him as well. I´m not sure if he understands fully what we are teaching or saying. Or he just doesn´t want to accept that things are the way we say they are. But we will continue forward with him. I think it´s just a matter of time. Patricia also came, which is awesome, but not really a surprise. :) She is so amazing! She should be baptized soon. She told us the last lesson we had that she believes in the church and that everything we have taught her is true. She feels like she needs to learn a lot more before baptism, but we will help her grow her confidence. Joaquin is reading more in the Book of Mormon now and every time we meet with them I am so impressed with how strong his testimony is and how well he understands the gospel. He will be a powerful member of the church and ward when he is baptized. 

All in all things are going well. We are trying to find more people to teach, but I feel like we can´t find people who are really interested. It´s easy to get references on the street here and from the members, but we can´t seem to find people with interest. But my companion said something interesting yesterday. He said he needs to remember to bear his testimony in contacts and every finding situation. I realized that was something I hadn´t thought about in a long time. It reminded me of the MTC when we talked about that kind of thing all the time and we all knew that testimony was the most important. Well, I had to remember that. I´m going to try to focus on that more as well as praying in the moment to know what to say. I need to remember that it is the Spirit not my experience that makes the difference. I know that, I just need to put it in practice. 

Well, I am out of time, sorry this week is short. Oh, I do know Elder Garcia by the way! I was never in the same area as him, but I got to know him in meetings and the like. He is a really great, humble guy. That´s cool that you met his sister! 

Pues, nada. I love you all and I am so happy to be here as a missionary. Thank you for your prayers for me and my investigators, converts, members, everyone. You guys are the best. Take care this week.

I love you!!!
Elder Cousins

PS That duet is amazing! Way to go Sarah! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment