Friday, September 28, 2012

September 27, 2012



This is it! Last P-day in the MTC! I leave sometime Tuesday (Oct 2nd) morning (whenever they come pick me up). Most likely I´ll spend the night in the mission home and then head out to my area, depending on how far it is. Sorry, I forgot to tell you all earlier. Along with that, any mail sent at this point won´t reach me in time so send it to the mission home address or wait until I know my first area address.

The truth is I am so excited to get out into the field! My Spanish my not be perfect yet and I may not know everything I need to, but I honestly feel like I am ready. I feel like I´ve learned in the MTC how to follow the spirit and I know if I remember that and do that I will bless people´s lives. I also know that the Lord has trusted me with His work here in Spain and He is not going to leave me alone to do it. I can´t wait to get out and share the joy of the gospel and form bonds of friendship that will last into eternity. Thanks for your prayers for me. I can´t wait to see where I´ll serve first!

I´m glad to hear things are going pretty well at home. That´s awesome that the girls make you a prize for your tournament! Felizidades! I have been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. It has been the greatest blessing in my life to have grown up in a family strong and whole in the Gospel. I´m so grateful to you for raising me to be the person I am. I know I would have a much harder time facing the challenges behind and ahead with out your examples and teachings. I hope someday I can raise a family as incredible as the one I´ve had the blessing of being in. I love you all so much, you are all examples to me and a source of strength, always.

I do remember that job shadow day. Was that Hawthorne? I remember I had read like 2 pages of the book and was like 12 years old, but for some reason, raised my hand and made a comment in class. That was totally not like me then, but I was actually pretty proud of myself. Speaking of teaching, I was wondering if it was in the mission that you realized that was what you wanted to do for a career? I seem to remember you saying you didn´t want to growing up.

Well I am about out of time. I got the letter from Erin, but I haven´t received anything from Grandma and Grandpa. Hopefully it wasn´t sent to Provo. Thanks for everything, especially your prayers. I can´t wait till next week to tell you all the news! I love you! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment